Re: building GNOME vs writing docs

On 08/02/2006, at 7:59 AM, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

Another option is to create a virtual machine suitable for VMWare Player. It should be easy for the developer and also for the documentation writer. What you do here is you create such a virtual machine and let your technical writers run them with their VMWare Player. <snips detail>

Simos, this is an excellent idea! It would solve the problem for translators/writers like me, who run Mac OSX, for example, and simply don't have the extra computing and mental resources to run Gnome as well.

I translate/write for Mac OSX, Gnome and Debian, with KDE and Xfce upcoming, plus a large number of individual projects. I can't run it all.