Re: Gnome and Ubuntu UGs (Was: string freeze?)

--- Matthew East <mdke ubuntu com> wrote:

> Just to clarify this point, no need to pursue this
> part of the thread
> further after this. Some mailing lists do this, some
> don't. But even
> where they do, there are two ways to get annoyed by
> people who address
> email privately:
>
> 1. If you filter list email (as I do for other
> lists) by List-Id. In
> this case the email sent privately (which doesn't
> have a List-Id) goes
> into your inbox, not the relevant list folder.
> 2. If you view a mailing list (as I do for this
> list) in a newsreader.
> In this case, you don't want email at all, but you
> get the private on in
> your inbox.

Right.
But I can either press 'Reply' or 'Reply to all'.
If I do the first, I only reply to you. If I do the
second, both your email and the list's are in the To
field.
So I have to faff with the To field.

Mailing lists are nasty, broken, and belong back in
the 90s where they should stay.