Re: (Potential) Request for UI- and feature-freeze break for Yelp

<quote who="Shaun McCance">

> Fair enough.  We can add the ability to the server when we want to add it
> to Yelp.  The important thing is that Yelp 2.16 works with new server
> configurations, not that old server configurations work with newer Yelps.

(Trimming some of the Cc line...)

Okay, given that, I'm going to ditch the mod_rewrite bits and shift to the
script you sent. It has the flexibility to block out the crap we don't want
to be part of the API, while mod_rewrite doesn't.

g-i: I think this will ultimately need to be an api-web cvs module, which
would include scripts, but probably not web API configuration. We could put
it in .htaccess or only in the central Apache configuration, such that the
admins must be involved in the addition of new APIs (to avoid problems with
bad scripts, incompatible changes, and so on). The scripts themselves would
still be entirely breakable. ;-)

- Jeff

   "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to
       walk away, and know when to run." - Kenny Rogers, The Gambler