Re: (Potential) Request for UI- and feature-freeze break for Yelp
- From: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org, gnome-infrastructure gnome org, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org>, release-team gnome org, gnome-web-list gnome org, Don Scorgie <DonScorgie Blueyonder co uk>, GNOME Documentation <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: (Potential) Request for UI- and feature-freeze break for Yelp
- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:09:13 -0500
On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 11:36 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Shaun McCance">
> > I want the query string to be in the common key=value form, like
> > http://api.gnome.org/yelp/forums?query=this+is+a+test
> > It should silently ignore any keys other than query, so that we can add
> > information to the query string, even before we've made the script able to
> > do anything with that information.
> > Notably, when we have something in place to log queries, it would be very
> > good to have Yelp send its version along (which should be indicative of
> > the version of the desktop). This would help us see, over time, if we've
> > done a good job in adding new documentation to address common user needs.
> Okay, I'll make the change to accept 'query' only, and then we can regard
> future additional parameters as compatible extensions - note that this means
> the semantics must not change such that other parameters are required. The
> /yelp/forums function must be able to work with only a 'query' parameter.
> Sound ok?
Fair enough. We can add the ability to the server when
we want to add it to Yelp. The important thing is that
Yelp 2.16 works with new server configurations, not that
old server configurations work with newer Yelps.
] [Thread Prev