Re: (Potential) Request for UI- and feature-freeze break for Yelp

<quote who="Shaun McCance">

> I want the query string to be in the common key=value form, like
>
> http://api.gnome.org/yelp/forums?query=this+is+a+test
>
> It should silently ignore any keys other than query, so that we can add
> information to the query string, even before we've made the script able to
> do anything with that information.
>
> Notably, when we have something in place to log queries, it would be very
> good to have Yelp send its version along (which should be indicative of
> the version of the desktop).  This would help us see, over time, if we've
> done a good job in adding new documentation to address common user needs.

Okay, I'll make the change to accept 'query' only, and then we can regard
future additional parameters as compatible extensions - note that this means
the semantics must not change such that other parameters are required. The
/yelp/forums function must be able to work with only a 'query' parameter.

Sound ok?

- Jeff

  "Linux continues to have almost as much soul as James Brown." - Forrest
                                 Cook, LWN