Re: Role and function of the docs team

--- karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:

> What do you think about asking devs to maintain
> their NEWS files ?

It would be nice if people kept their modules tidy...

but as I think Shaun pointed out a long time ago, NEWS
files and Changelogs are not very useful for doc
writers.

You have to wade through a lot of 'this bug fixed',
'this bit faster' and 'now uses foomatic library'.

Bugzilla is probably the way to go.

- reassign interface-changing bugs to the docs
component once they are fixed
- file new docs bugs when UI changes are made

The latter has the advantage we can NEEDINFO the dev.

And to back this up, the general notion that the docs
team needs support from the devs to do its work
properly and effectively.