Re: Role and function of the docs team

--- Don Scorgie <DonScorgie Blueyonder co uk> wrote:

> Probably the best place to take discussion like this
> is to desktop-devel
> list.  Though, whether it'll degenerate into a flame
> war, be ignored or
> produce some decent discussion is very much luck of
> the draw ;)

Yup.
That's why I keep out of that list. :)

> Although, I have a feeling that just announcing
> "please keep the docs
> team informed throughout the cycle" type stuff might
> not go across too
> well.  Maybe come up with a decent proposal and then
> say "We propose
> this..." to the devel-announce and desktop-devel
> lists, asking for
> feedback.

But that's pretty much what it boils down to.
Sure, we want to wrap it up and present it nicely, but
the bottom line is this:
1. Docs team is a skeleton crew
2. Do you want gnome to have docs or not?
3. Be nice to the docs team

Let's move this to a wiki page and create some sort of proposal.

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html