Re: Bug-Buddy help

--- Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

> Does Bug-buddy count as a wizard?
>
> In that case, should it even have a manual? The HIG
> says wizards should contain enough information to
> not
> require documentation.

replying to myself...

Now I can see the new BB interface...

The old manual it entirely obsolete -- BB is not even
a wizard any more, it's a single window.

There are only two pieces of information the user can
supply: what they were doing, and their email.
That's really not worth a manual.
And there's no help button anyway.

Here's what I suggest:

* if we can get a Help button put in to BB in time,
send it to the 'Reporting Bugs' section in the USer
Guide, ghelp:user-guide?feedback-bugs.
I can give that section a bit of work, so there's an
obvious "Using Bug Buddy" section, though really, it's
not rocket science.
* if we can't get a button in, just leave it.

Whatever we do, we should deprecate the existing BB
manual (I don't know how to do that BTW).