Re: I need to join the doc. team and translation team.

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 19:45 +0800, Mustapha Abubakar wrote:
> Hello G-NOME family. I wish to join the documentation team
> and also the translation team please I need friends to put
> me through.

You've come at just the right time.  We're now in
the second half of our release cycle leading up to
the 2.16 release in early September.

This is the time when the documentation team really
gets cracking.  We have a lot of stuff to do, and
we can use all the help we can get.

Brent just put together a nice page showing what
needs to be done for 2.16:

http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Goals216

To familiarize yourself with how we do documentation,
you should read (or at least skim) the following:

GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/handbook.html

GNOME Documentation Style Guide
http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/

You can always ask questions on this list, or feel
free to join us on IRC.  We're on the #docs channel
on irc.gnome.org.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you should
subscribe to the gnome-i18n mailing list and ask
how to get in touch with the translation team for
your language.

--
Shaun