Re: Translations not used in Evolution (was Re: Evolution and Evolution-Data-Server branched)

On 9/19/05, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> On Mon, September 19, 2005 10:24, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
> >    However, it would be helpful if you could make incremental updates
> > during the development cycle [2]  or have all your huge changes
> > committed at least a day prior to the deadline. This would limit the
> > damage caused by errors in packaging or missing commits.
>
> While I agree that your first solution would be nice, some translators
> don't do this because it's really hard to keep translating the modules
> when there's no string freeze. So they only translate when string
> freeze is here.
>
> Translators do their best to commit before the deadline and if they
> could do better, I'm sure they'd do it ;-)
>
> I suggest you release the module on the Monday of the release (as
> requested by the release team).

To my knowledge, the release team has never request this.  We have
only requested that tarballs be released by Monday.  I think that was
the whole point of Danilo's request on the 2.14 schedule, though...

> Translators know that if they
> commit their translations on Monday, it might already be too late
> for their translations to go in the release. But if you need to
> make the tarball for the release before Monday, then send an e-mail
> to gnome-i18n so translators know that the tarball will be made
> before Monday.

Is Monday enough time, though?  I think some modules (like evo) may
want a little more time to smoketest their own modules...