Re: Translations not used in Evolution (was Re: Evolution and Evolution-Data-Server branched)

On Mon, September 19, 2005 10:24, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
>    However, it would be helpful if you could make incremental updates
> during the development cycle [2]  or have all your huge changes
> committed at least a day prior to the deadline. This would limit the
> damage caused by errors in packaging or missing commits.

While I agree that your first solution would be nice, some translators
don't do this because it's really hard to keep translating the modules
when there's no string freeze. So they only translate when string
freeze is here.

Translators do their best to commit before the deadline and if they
could do better, I'm sure they'd do it ;-)

I suggest you release the module on the Monday of the release (as
requested by the release team). Translators know that if they
commit their translations on Monday, it might already be too late
for their translations to go in the release. But if you need to
make the tarball for the release before Monday, then send an e-mail
to gnome-i18n so translators know that the tarball will be made
before Monday.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.