Re: Sun documentation team.
- From: Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>
- To: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- Cc: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>, Patrick Costello <Patrick Costello Sun COM>, gnome-doc-list gnome org, Rich Burridge Sun COM, Peter Korn <Peter Korn Sun COM>
- Subject: Re: Sun documentation team.
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:14:36 +0100
On 24 May 2005, at 22:00, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
This is sad considering Sun is one of the big proponents of GNOME
Accessibility. It's unfortunate that we lose documentation people
where we are at our weakest and continuing to be our weakest part
of our DE. :/
Yep, it's unfortunate indeed.
I'm wondering if just the nature of how we do documentation is
somewhat at fault here. We need to try something new I think.
I don't really know much about the GNOME documentation process, but
to be fair I think in this particular case it's mostly (and hopefully
temporarily) a consequence of Sun re-jigging the way it works on
documentation across several of its products and projects, not just
GNOME/JDS. I'm sure we'd all agree that Pat, Eugene, Breda, Irene
and co. have done a tremendous (and often thankless) job though, and
I hope we'll see them contributing again in future.
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com Java Desktop System Team
http://ie.sun.com +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev