Re: Sun documentation team.

Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 06:22:28PM +0100, Patrick Costello wrote:
Hi,

Due to pressure on documentation team resources, Sun can no longer continue
to update or maintain the following items:

- Gnopernicus Help manual
- GNOME Accessibility Guide

This is sad considering Sun is one of the big proponents of GNOME
Accessibility.  It's unfortunate that we lose documentation people
where we are at our weakest and continuing to be our weakest part
of our DE. :/

We (Sun and Gnome) need help with accessibility across-the-board, not just in docs. It's unhealthy for any aspect of the DE to be almost solely the work of a single company - it makes Gnome highly vulnerable to the inevitable resource shifts that occur in the corporate environment. So we need to "spread the love" here... :-)

Sometimes folks say "I'd like to help, but I don't know enough about accessibility" (or it's "too hard to learn"/"sparsely documented", etc.). The same could be said, or could have been said, for technologies like GTK+, GObject, etc., but fortunately a few people have made the effort to get themselves up to speed about these other technologies and APIs, and in so doing have benefited the entire user and developer communities. Do I hear any volunteers?

regards

Bill

I'm wondering if just the nature of how we do documentation is
somewhat at fault here.  We need to try something new I think.

sri