Re: Sun-updated docs submitted to /contrib

Hey,

> I may be totally out of line here, and if so don't hesitate to put me in
> my place, but wouldn't it be easier for both Sun and GNOME to work on
> patching documentation upstream, then branching from there for JDS
> specific releases instead of doing it the opposite way?

In a blue sky world, yes, absolutely. Unfortunately resources are
limited enough within the Sun to be able to handle the workload
effectively [1]

Glynn

[1] It's not just documentation guys, it's release engineering
    providing them an upstream build, and a mixture of QA and
    engineering to make sure that build works. I'd love to be in the
    position of doing this, but alas, the Sun release schedule doesn't
    quite match that of the community - a discussion for another time
    I'm afraid ;)