Re: Nautilus documentation update

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 12:35 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 10:28 +0100, karderio wrote:

> > > As of yet, Tango hasn't even been proposed as the new
> > > default icon theme for 2.14.  Until it's actually the
> > > default, we need to continue using the gnome icon
> > > theme in all our screenshots.
> >
> > It is used in 2.13.3 though, but I agree that until it is actually
> > official, the current default theme should be used. I am maintaining the
> > docs as for 2.13.3, my logic being that this should be much closer to
> > 2.14 than 2.12 is (and closer than 2.8 or 2.6 for which some
> > documentation is currently maintained).
>
> Where are you getting your 2.13 builds?  As far as I can
> tell, the gnome icon theme is still the default in CVS.
> I don't remember seeing any real discussion about this,
> and I certainly don't remember it being announced.  And
> that sort of change should really be announced to me.

They came from GARNOME 2.13.3. The "default" theme (the one which is
used for a blank user account is clearlooks using tango icons. I will
try to find an appropriate mailing list and ask why, somebody must have
put it there :)

> > > But we can always retake screenshots later, after all
> > > the UI changes have been settled.
> >
> > > By all means make your screenshots correct when you
> > > can, but bear in mind that the UI can still change,
> > > and that we'd rather have draft work than no work
> > > at all.
> >
> > I thought it might be best to keep all this as current as possible, even
> > if it means changing it further down. I submitted the patch so that
> > others could see the work sooner rather than later, to try to get things
> > fixed quicker. Is this the right way to proceed ?
> >
> > Maybe I should just wait for the UI freeze before submitting
> > screenshots ?
>
> No no, you're totally right.  To the extent that you're
> able to make screenshots correct and final, please do.
> It saves everybody work down the road.  Just keep in
> mind that we do need to check all the old screenshots
> after UI freeze to make sure they're correct.

As I mentioned in IRC earlier, I will stop submitting shots for the time
being, if the icons are wrong the shots would all have to be redone...

Love, Karderio