Re: Nautilus documentation update

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 10:28 +0100, karderio wrote:

> > > It's the Clearlooks theme using Tango icons (http://tango-project.org/),
> > > default for 2.13.3. However these icons are in development, I think all
> > > screenshots should be redone closer to 2.14.
> >
> > As of yet, Tango hasn't even been proposed as the new
> > default icon theme for 2.14.  Until it's actually the
> > default, we need to continue using the gnome icon
> > theme in all our screenshots.
>
> It is used in 2.13.3 though, but I agree that until it is actually
> official, the current default theme should be used. I am maintaining the
> docs as for 2.13.3, my logic being that this should be much closer to
> 2.14 than 2.12 is (and closer than 2.8 or 2.6 for which some
> documentation is currently maintained).

Where are you getting your 2.13 builds?  As far as I can
tell, the gnome icon theme is still the default in CVS.
I don't remember seeing any real discussion about this,
and I certainly don't remember it being announced.  And
that sort of change should really be announced to me.

> > But we can always retake screenshots later, after all
> > the UI changes have been settled.
>
> > By all means make your screenshots correct when you
> > can, but bear in mind that the UI can still change,
> > and that we'd rather have draft work than no work
> > at all.
>
> I thought it might be best to keep all this as current as possible, even
> if it means changing it further down. I submitted the patch so that
> others could see the work sooner rather than later, to try to get things
> fixed quicker. Is this the right way to proceed ?
>
> Maybe I should just wait for the UI freeze before submitting
> screenshots ?

No no, you're totally right.  To the extent that you're
able to make screenshots correct and final, please do.
It saves everybody work down the road.  Just keep in
mind that we do need to check all the old screenshots
after UI freeze to make sure they're correct.

--
Shaun