Re: DocTable updated for GNOME 2.10

Breda McColgan wrote:

> [snip]
> > I'm happy to pick up the Workspace Switcher.   There doesn't seem to be
> > anybody listed for EoG on your DocTable; if there isn't anybody covering
> > this officially at the moment then I suppose that I might be the closest
> > thing to a maintainer, since I did an update for 2.8.
>
> Hi Stuart,
>
> I just updated the table to reflect the work done by the Sun team. Other
> writers should of course feel free to update the table to add their
> names to the relevant modules. The file doctable--.html is located in
> the web-devel-2/content/projects/gdp directory in CVS.
>
> Regards,
> Breda.

Hello again,

I forgot to clarify that the doctable--.html file is not "my DocTable"
or "the Sun DocTable"!

The doctable--.html file has been used for GDP documentation planning
since at least GNOME 2.0, and perhaps earlier (I joined the GDP just
before GNOME 2.2, so I'm not sure what planning document was used prior
to GNOME 2.0). In the absence of any announcement on this list of an
alternative planning document, and because the GDP web pages still point
to the DocTable as being the "GNOME Documentation Status Table", the Sun
documentation team has continued to use this file for documentation
planning.

Perhaps others have not updated this file because they did not know its
location in CVS? For completeness, here again is the CVS location of the
DocTable file:
   web-devel-2/content/projects/gdp/doctable--.html
and here is the URL to access the DocTable from the GDP website:
   http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/doctable--.html

As far as I am aware, all members of gnome-doc-list are entitled to
update the doctable--.html file. I'm sure someone will correct me if
this is incorrect, or if this file has been superseded by a different
planning document :)

Regards,
Breda.