Re: DocTable updated for GNOME 2.10

> I'm not sure what planning document is currently being used for
> documentation, as the new authors are not listed in the DocTable?
> Perhaps all of the planning is being carried out on IRC? As mentioned
> before, some of us cannot access IRC at a time when members are most
> active, so it would be great if regular updates could be posted to this
> list. Or at least a link to IRC logs, if such logs exist?

I think that things are mainly done in IRC at the moment.  FWIW, I have
the same problem of being several timezones adrift.  Perhaps one
solution would be to schedule time slots, like a semi-regular doc day.

> In any case, as the GDP web pages still point to the DocTable as being
> the "GNOME Documentation Status Table", I've created a GNOME 2.10
> version of the DocTable. This updated version indicates the work that
> was done by the Sun GNOME Documentation Team for GNOME 2.8, and our
> commitments for GNOME 2.10.
>
> Some of our new colleagues might like to volunteer to update the
> following jobs for GNOME 2.10, as I regretfully can no longer commit to
> doing so:
>   * Text Editor (gedit)
>   * Window List
>   * Workspace Switcher

I'm happy to pick up the Workspace Switcher.   There doesn't seem to be
anybody listed for EoG on your DocTable; if there isn't anybody covering
this officially at the moment then I suppose that I might be the closest
thing to a maintainer, since I did an update for 2.8.
--
Stuart Ellis
s ellis fastmail co uk