Re: Tutorial - Implementing Help

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 17:51, Andrew Burton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a little bit frustrated recently with the lack of Gnome
> documentation on the website about how to actually implement a help
> system in an application. After a lot of messing about, that involved
> Google searching for similar problems, incomplete docs that mentioned
> files in passing, checking other Gnome apps for inspiration, I came up
> with the idea of writing a short tutorial on how to actually implement
> Help from scratch.
>
> It'd cover details on what files to write, basic contents of these files
> (with pointers for more information), code samples, configure script
> details.
>
> What do you think?

We do have the GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation.  I'll
admit that it's rather terse on how to work things into your build.  If
you'd like to help out with providing information, it would be a good
idea to contribute to the Handbook.

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/handbook.html

--
Shaun