Updated Glade manual now in CVS HEAD.

Damon Chaplin wrote:

> Though there is some useful info in the FAQ not covered in your doc,
> so maybe we should keep parts of that.
>
> > 2. Do you have any review comments? The application version that I have
> > access to is 2.0.0.
>
> Is there an easy way to view the XML file? I dumped it in place of the
> old one but my yelp refuses to display some sections.
>
> I like the structure of the manual, and the content in general (though I
> haven't read it in detail yet). Here's a few minor comments:

Hi Damon,

I have included all of your technical comments into the latest version of
the Glade Manual and put the final version back into CVS HEAD as well as
into the gnome-2-branch for Glade. A couple of points:

- The sections that you are not seeing displayed might be commented out
sections, of which I have left several, just in case people want to
reinsert the additional information in future. If the current format that I
have created turns out to be suitable in practise, we can delete the
commented sections in a later revision. Just so that you know what you
should be seeing, I have included a html file of the manual in the CVS
directory for easy viewing and comparison. This file can migrate to the
attic in due course.

- As I mentioned in an earlier mail, this version is substantially
different from the earlier versions. So that the reasons for the difference
will be completely visible to everyone, I have included in the CVS
directory a log.txt file of the work I have done. This file can migrate to
the attic in due course.

- Regarding the overall strategy of one Help manual or three, this is what
I think we should do:

	o In Help, I think there should be only one manual, i.e. the main Help
manual.
	o I think the Turbo Start and FAQ should be removed from Help.
	o I think that the Turbo Start and FAQ are useful documents, but that they
should be located in 		  a Glade-specific part of gnome.developer.org.
	o I think that the Help manual should provide a ulink to the Turbo Start
and the FAQ in the 			  gnome.developer.org location.

If we follow this strategy, then users still get the benefit of the Turbo
Start and the FAQ, but we do not have to be so rigorous about the stylistic
compliance of the content, or about updating these documents for each Glade
revision or GNOME Desktop revision.

Pat

Patrick Costello, GNOME Documentation
Phone: 		01 819 9077 [ext 19077]