Re: Problems porting gnome 1 docs to gnome 2

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 19:07, Chee Bin HOH wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 09:53, Edwin Young wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm finally porting my app (not before time, I hear you say) to Gnome 2.
> > I mostly have the documentation working, but have 2 problems:
> >
> > 1) When I launch the documentation browser, it prints
> >
> > warning: failed to load external entity
> > "/usr/share/gnome/help/gnofract4d/C/gnofract4d.xml is not installed"
> >
> > The file mentioned *is* installed, and the help browser then proceeds to
> > display it without any visible problems. Any guesses?
>
> Do you install the omf file? usually if you have a docs file named as
> docs.xml, then you also have a omf file named docs-C.xml for C locale,
> the docs-C.xml file will be installed in `/usr/share/omf` (default
> configure) and processed by the scrollkeeper.

I hadn't done the OMF file properly, thanks for the hint. However now I
do have an omf file but the problem still occurs. It still says it's
looking for the file mentioned above, but my docs are now in

/usr/share/gnofract4d/doc/gnofract4d-manual/C/gnofract4d-manual.xml

They're still displayed correctly, though.

> You won't see the warning in yelp 2.4.0.

Maybe that's the problem - I have yelp 1.0.2 as distributed in RedHat
8.0 (This is a basically vanilla RH8.0 system.)

> > 2) I have a <caution> note in the docs. When I browse to the page
> > containing that, the help browser says:
>
> It should be stored in
>
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/yelp/docbook/images/caution.png
>
> once you installed yelp (at least for 2.2.0 and 2.4.0 as far as I know)

Yelp is installed and the file you mention does exist on my system. Yelp
seems to be searching in the wrong location.

Thanks,
--
Edwin