Re: New Transformations in Yelp

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 00:29, Shaun McCance wrote:
>   I've just put up a new build of the
> Gnumeric docs at
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/gnumeric/
>
> I haven't worked the GNOME site template onto these stylesheets yet, but
> it'll be very easy to do.
>
> --
> Shaun

Some comments on the output:

1. The navigation links have changed: instead of
"<<< previous Contents   next>>>"
we now have (name of previous)     (name of next)

To keep some continuity with previous notation and avoid confusing user,
maybe we want to add >>>, so we get
<<<(name of previous)     (name of next)>>>

More importantly: we do not have Contents link anymore. Not a problem
for Yelp (TOC will be shown in left pane) but for web we do want it.

2. Chapter titles now look like this:
Chapter 2 How to Use this Manual
I'd suggest adding a period or line break after chapter number (as is
the common tradition, at least in English)

3. If my understanding is correct, the arrow in menu choices
(File->New) is now a single Unicode symbol rather than combination of
symbols - and >. This looks better but may cause problems if the user
has no fonts with this symbol. Or is it included in some standrad fonts,
such as Bitstream Vera?

Best,
Sasha