Re: Yelp document chunking

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 20:32, Michael JasonSmith wrote:

> Personally, I would be happier if a document was always chunked at sect1
> level so the user always knows how a document will be chunked without
> having to know anything about how the document was marked-up.

I think the effect of this would, in fact, be rather the opposite of
what you seem to intend. The reader has no idea of the markup, and can't
tell when reading in Yelp what's a chapter and what's a sect1. My
suggestion was aimed at making the whole thing consistent from the
reader's perspective irrespective of the markup used - chunks one level
down from the root, whatever that root is.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Not only isn't reality real - it's an illusion created by unreal people to
sell real people unnecesary cars." - Griffy