Re: Yelp document chunking

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 14:17, John Fleck wrote:

> Is it reasonable to have the chunked atom be one level below the root
> element of the doc? So an article would be chunked at the sect1 level,
> while a book would be chunked at the chapter level? Is that the sort of
> thing you're thinking?

Personally, I would be happier if a document was always chunked at sect1
level so the user always knows how a document will be chunked without
having to know anything about how the document was marked-up.

A chapter or part chunk would contain a table of contents and some
introductory text.  Things would look odd for documents that had a
chapter without any introductory text (so only a table of contents was
generated) but I don't like those documents anyway :)

Cheers,
   Michael
--
Michael JasonSmith      http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~mpj17/