Re: XML error: <superscript> within <guibutton>

Breda-

While I do not know the context of the text I believe this will work:
<guibutton><literal>x<superscript>2</superscript></literal></guibutton>

This is not a bug in the DocBook DTD nor is it a bug in xmllint.  The
DocBook DTD does not allow the tag <superscript> within the
<guibutton> tag.  You are welcome to file a RFE with the standards
body OASIS to justify the addition of the <superscipt> and <subscript>
tags as children of the <gui*> tags.

Eric Baudais