XML error: <superscript> within <guibutton>

Hello all,

xmllint returns the following error when I embed a <superscript> tag
within a <guibutton> tag:

gcalctool.xml:438: validity error: Element superscript is not declared
in guibutton list of possible children

I get the same error if I embed the <superscript> tag within a
<guilabel> tag.

Does anyone have any idea how to work around this so that the XML is
valid and the text is actually rendered as superscript? I'd rather not
use a caret (^) symbol, if possible.

Meanwhile, I'll log a bug against the Docbook 4.1.2 DTD.

Thank you,