Re: 2.2 community release schedule (was Re: gedit manual)

John Fleck asks:

> I realize a week before the release is a bit late to be worrying about
> this, but does this mean, in the areas where members of the Sun team are
> responsible for documentation, that we'll be shipping 2.0 docs with 2.2?
> Or has updating been going on apace?

Yes, in some instances we have been updating as we have gone along. Also, in
other cases there are no changes required. Ideally, we should do a full review
of all 2.2 functionality against 2.0 manuals and adjust accordingly. That sounds
like a luxury at this stage, so we will do an accelerated review this week and
do the necessary putbacks.

Of course, things like the System Admin Guide and the Accessiblity Guide that we
supplied recently are up to 2.2 release level. The User Guide is very close to
2.2 and needs a few tweaks, which we will do this week.

How is everyone else shaping up for updating the 2.0 manuals to 2.2 level?

Pat