Re: 2.2 community release schedule (was Re: gedit manual)

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 05:52, Pat Costello wrote:
> John Fleck asks:
>
> > I realize a week before the release is a bit late to be worrying about
> > this, but does this mean, in the areas where members of the Sun team are
> > responsible for documentation, that we'll be shipping 2.0 docs with 2.2?
> > Or has updating been going on apace?
> >

> Yes, in some instances we have been updating as we have gone along. Also, in
> other cases there are no changes required. Ideally, we should do a full review
> of all 2.2 functionality against 2.0 manuals and adjust accordingly. That sounds
> like a luxury at this stage, so we will do an accelerated review this week and
> do the necessary putbacks.
>
> Of course, things like the System Admin Guide and the Accessiblity Guide that we
> supplied recently are up to 2.2 release level. The User Guide is very close to
> 2.2 and needs a few tweaks, which we will do this week.
>
> How is everyone else shaping up for updating the 2.0 manuals to 2.2 level?

My stuff is largely updated - gnome-utils is done, and I'm helping with
some last-minute tweaks on the panel (we need to add a doc for the
notification area, which I am doing). I'm not sure about Nautilus
(doesn't look like it's been updated for changing UI) and, as Trevor has
noted several times on the list, the applets need some lovin'.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead