Re: Some GNOME man pages.

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 09:05, Pat Costello wrote:
> All,
>
> Breda has put back a number (approx 150) of GNOME-related man pages in the
> following location:
>
> cvs/gnome/gnome-docu/gdp/contrib/manpages/
>
> These man pages are published under the GFDL, so anyone can use the material
> under the terms of the license. However, please note the following:
>
> - The man pages are written in sgml. We would like to provide them in xml, but
> we just don't have time to do the conversions.

I'm almost certain that the conversion to XML can be easily automated.
Pat, if somebody manages to convert some or all of these to XML, how
would you like to handle putting them in CVS?

> - The man pages have some Sun-specific information. Again, we would like to make
> them generic but we just don't have time right now.

This likely can't be automated very well, but I haven't looked yet.
Still, it shouldn't be hard, and might be a good place for somebody who
is looking to get their hands dirty working on GNOME documentation to
start.
	Greg