Information on gtop/gnome-system-monitor memory maps for docs

The memory maps table of gnome-system-monitor contains the following
columns: VM Start, VM End, Flags, VM Offset, Device, Inode. This
information actually predates gnome-system-monitor, and is mostly used
only by deep-dyed hacker types.  While I suppose that anyone who would
actually need it would know what these cryptic numbers signify already,
I would like to include a short explanation in the docs if possible. If
anyone can point me toward a resource that will explain what these
things actually refer to, I will include the information in my imminent
update.

Thanks.
--
Bill Day