Re: GNOME 2.0 System Admin Guide.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 04:36:10PM +0100, Pat Costello wrote:
> In the meantime, if anyone would like to suggest topics for inclusion
> in the System Admin Guide, we are keen to listen. I have copied this
> mail to the developers list as well, as there are doubtless some
> topics that developers are keen to see covered.

I have a document in my "nearly finished" pile that covers
troubleshooting GNOME installations. Things like working out why bonobo
components aren't activated, seeing if the XML catalogs setup is sane,
gconf oddness that people have seen, etc.

Here, "nearly finished" means I have written most of the content and
about a third of it is marked up. I was going to try and finish the
markup this weekend and drop it into gnome-devel-docs. However, maybe it
is better if I send it to the Sun team instead? What do you think, Pat?
Is this the sort of thing you want to cover?

I don't really care if the stuff I have written is standalone, or
incorporated as a piece of a larger document, or just used for
inspiration and completely rewritten. Just so long as the information
gets out there, since I've put in a bit of effort to collect the various
problems and work out how to fix them. So feel free to suggest whatever
is easiest for you.

Cheers,
Malcolm