Re: gnome-doc package

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:57:52PM -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 10:30:58PM -0600, Eric Baudais wrote:
> >
> > Most distrobutions have the Docbook XML DTD and stylesheets packaged.  Even if
> > we don't agree with where they put them this really isn't a place for us to
> > interfere.
>
> If there are any dtds or stylesheets that the gnome-docs team has
> modified in any way, then this package seems like a reasonable place
> to put them.  It would also be very helpful to ensure that the any
> versioning issues are handled.
>
> > > 1) The "xmldocs.make", "sgmldocs.make" bits
> I'll try to set up a proto package with these files shortly.
> However, in the longer term it would be useful to change the way
> they operate.
>
> > > 2) How to ensure that the DTD/stylesheet are properly installed and
> > >    registered with the catalog
> I'm ill equiped for this.  Can someone describe what needs to be
> tested and how to do that ?  Integrating that into a package should
> not be difficult.

What needs to be tested for is a file which contains:
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"
 "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd";>

This will definitely tell us if the file is a XML catalog or not.  The places
where this file is located are: /etc/xml/ (preferred location) /etc/sgml/
/$HOME/ /usr/share/sgml/ /usr/share/xml/.  If we test in all these locations
this would be good.  It would also be good to have an option to define the
location of the XML catalog.  This might be done with a option for autoconf.

Eric Baudais