GDP coordination

Fellow GDPers,

I have enjoyed my work in the GDP over the last few years tremendously.
I originally joined the GDP to contribute to GNOME in the simplest way I
could and in the area that seemed to have the greatest need, although I
did not originally expect documentation work to be very stimulating or
exciting.  What I found instead was the opposite: a vibrant GNOME
community in GNOME, and especially in the GDP, working toward very
challenging goals.  Fortunately, my graduate student lifestyle and work at
Eazel allowed me to spend a lot of time working with other GDPers on GNOME
documentation and help issues.

Unfortunately, my current professional and personal constraints do not
leave much time for GNOME.  I see many others in the GDP community who are
full of enthusiasm and working very hard to make the GNOME help system and
documentation as good as possible.  I feel it is time for me to step down
as coordinator so that somebody who can put much more into the job can
take over.

One person who has shown that he has an unrelenting drive for all things
related to the GDP is John Fleck.  I feel that, in many ways, he has
already replaced me.  He has taken an active hands-on role in almost
everything related to the GDP, from hacking and making sure all the
modules build docs correctly, to serving on the GNOME release committee
and acting as a liason with the Sun documentation team. I am confident
John would make an excellent coordinator.

There are others in the GDP who have made countless and valuable
contributions who would also make very good coordinators.

I hope that this email will start a discussion out of which we can
indentify a new GDP coordinator.

-Dan