Re: GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation rough draft

On Thu, 2002-06-13 at 09:48, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> Eric Baudais wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:13:01PM +0100, Irene Ryan wrote:
> >
> > > Section: Getting Started Writing GNOME Documentation / GDP Document Templates / Screenshot Tools
> > > -- You mention Screen Shooter but this is no longer available in GNOME 2.0 or at least I think it isn't anyway. Also, if you are including the chapter about Procedures for Taking Screenshots, this section may not be necessary anymore.
> >
> > Well, this is available in the Linux version of GNOME 2 in Actions->Take a
> > Screen Shot.  There are other tools mentioned so I don't see this as a problem.
> >

> This section contains instructions that are specific to the
> Screen-Shooter applet, which is slated for removal according to
> http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/modules/. So I think the
> Screen-Shooter applet instructions should be removed.

I removed the all mention of the Screenshooter applet from the Handbook
now.  I replaced the explanation of the Screenshooter applet with an
explanation of the Take a Screen Shot tool.

> Also, I think you need to pay for a license to use xv, so perhaps we
> might want to avoid recommending that tool.

Fixed.

> I have updated the Procedures for Taking Screenshots chapter for the
> Handbook to include information on the Actions > Take a Screen Shot
> tool.

Could you send me your updated version?

Eric Baudais