Re: GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation rough draft
- From: "Eugene O'Connor" <eugene oconnor sun com>
- To: Eric Baudais <baudais kkpsi org>
- Cc: Irene Ryan <irene ryan sun com>, GNOME Documentation Project <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation rough draft
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:48:48 +0100
Eric Baudais wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:13:01PM +0100, Irene Ryan wrote:
> > Section: Getting Started Writing GNOME Documentation / GDP Document Templates / Screenshot Tools
> > -- You mention Screen Shooter but this is no longer available in GNOME 2.0 or at least I think it isn't anyway. Also, if you are including the chapter about Procedures for Taking Screenshots, this section may not be necessary anymore.
> Well, this is available in the Linux version of GNOME 2 in Actions->Take a
> Screen Shot. There are other tools mentioned so I don't see this as a problem.
This section contains instructions that are specific to the
Screen-Shooter applet, which is slated for removal according to
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/modules/. So I think the
Screen-Shooter applet instructions should be removed.
Also, I think you need to pay for a license to use xv, so perhaps we
might want to avoid recommending that tool.
I have updated the Procedures for Taking Screenshots chapter for the
Handbook to include information on the Actions > Take a Screen Shot
] [Thread Prev