Re: server failure

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 12:53:45PM -0400, david lupercalia net wrote:
> I'm having serious trouble with my AlphaServer today. All services are
> down. I'm debugging -- it seems like probably a memory problem. If so,
> I should have it back up today. If not, who knows?
>
> Worst case is I pull the drives, find some kind soul to pull the data
> off, and reload the LDPDB again. I do have backups, but they are
> almost a week old.
>
> I'll let you know more when I know more.

It looks like bad RAM. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra stick and
the alpha won't run w/o memory in banks of 4. So, my server is down
until I can locate some RAm for this thing.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

Dying in America
At the end of the millennium
We're dying in America
To come into our own