Re: loading file data, cvs information (Lampadas)

On Wednesday 17 July 2002 03:07 pm, Eric Baudais wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 14:36, David Merrill wrote:
> > I've added code to load file meta-data into the database. Fields I
> > populate now are filesize, mode, and modification date/time.
>
> The most recent timestamp on the files in the "Document Files" section
> should be updated in the "Updated" field of the "Document Details"
> section.  So the most recent timestamp of any file in the "Document
> Files" section should appear in the "Updated" field.  Only the date
> should be taken from the timestamp and placed in the "Updated" field.
> This lets us see which documents had files recently updated.

The "updated" field is when it was *published*. At least that's what its
intent was. It seems I need to change the label so that is apparent, and
I need to add a new field to represent the data you want. Putting that on
my TODO. Should have that done tomorrow.

I'm taking the night off to spend some time with my boyfriend, who is
feeling rather ignored with all my Lampadas work lately. He now claims
"Open Source Widow" status, hehe.

> What do the numbers in the file mode mean?  They don't seem to be the
> file's umask.

It is, but in decimal. I have to convert to octal on display, which I'm
not doing yet. Put on the TODO.

> > I implemented the cvs log and other types of cvs commands also. The
> > way I implemented it, you can add all the commands you want without
> > modifying Lampadas code, so you can tailor it to whatever reports you
> > want. I wrote sample scripts for "ls -l FILENAME" and "cvs log
> > FILENAME". You just write a script to execute the command and record
> > the script in the database, and Lampadas will call the script.
>
> Being able to see the CVS log is a nice feature.

Like that, huh? I thought you would. :-)

I didn't do any work on ScrollKeeper categories today at all. Instead, I
put together the search form. It is not finished, but you can see how far
I got on the demo site.

- --
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net
Lead Developer                                 http://www.tldp.org

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife -- chopping off what's
incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."