Re: loading file data, cvs information (Lampadas)

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 14:36, David Merrill wrote:
> I've added code to load file meta-data into the database. Fields I
> populate now are filesize, mode, and modification date/time.

The most recent timestamp on the files in the "Document Files" section
should be updated in the "Updated" field of the "Document Details"
section.  So the most recent timestamp of any file in the "Document
Files" section should appear in the "Updated" field.  Only the date
should be taken from the timestamp and placed in the "Updated" field.
This lets us see which documents had files recently updated.

What do the numbers in the file mode mean?  They don't seem to be the
file's umask.

> I implemented the cvs log and other types of cvs commands also. The way I
> implemented it, you can add all the commands you want without modifying
> Lampadas code, so you can tailor it to whatever reports you want. I wrote
> sample scripts for "ls -l FILENAME" and "cvs log FILENAME". You just
> write a script to execute the command and record the script in the
> database, and Lampadas will call the script.

Being able to see the CVS log is a nice feature.