Re: Lampadas Concerns

Eric -
This is great. I feel like we've finally got a clear explication of what
it is we need the doctablish system to do. And it sounds from David's
comments as though Lampadas could be tailored to meet our needs.

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 18:06, Eric Baudais wrote:
> 1) Easy viewing of documents to determine their state.  This covers
> whether the document is unmaintained, maintained, edited, OMF file
> completed, can be built by the app, written, in progress, or not
> written.  The GDP looks more at documentation on a per application basis
> than a per documentation basis.  Because of this I will refer to
> documents as documentation for apps which have and have not been
> written.

This captures the most important feature for me - the ability to see
things done, and things not done.

> 2) Grouping documents together to easily find an area of interest.  New
> people first starting out in GNOME are typically bewildered with the
> choice and variety of apps.  We want a way to group documents so people
> can easily find an app which interests them and is not documented.

Another important role in my opinion.

Would Lampadas be directly linked to our cvs, so it would know when a
doc is updated? Or would a manual step be required to tell it?

Thanks again, Eric, for the investigation.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead