Re: New thread: Naming conventions.

ons 2002-01-30 klockan 16.14 skrev John Fleck:
> > One more reason why I'd prefer a different name than "Yelp":
> > I am updating the GDP Handbook and I have to refer to Yelp at multiple
> > poiints.  The natural thing to do is to explain what "Yelp" is in the
> > introduction section and then refer to "Yelp" by its name from then on.
> > However, the handbook is big enough that I don't want to expect the reader
> > to read it cover to cover.  A sign of good documentation is that you don't
> > have to.
>
> I think this is easily solved by referring to "Yelp, the help browser"
> or "the help browser" when context demands it.

I have to agree. Referring to "Yelp, the help browser", "the GNOME help
browser", or just "the help browser" in the documentation will probably
be sufficient.

Yelp will be referred to as "Help" in the GNOME foot menu anyway, and
there won't be that many GNOME help browsers around that I think there
is a danger of confusion.

Christian