Updating Handbook

Dear Daniel:
that would be great if you updated the Handbook. I actually thought
about doing that some time ago (when I had more free time) and I'll send
you whatever notes I have. Also, here is the list of changes:

1. We now use DocBook XML 4.1.2

2. We only ship Doc Book XML files, no html - html will be generated
on-the-fly, using libxslt library and custom stylesheets
(gnome-docu/gdp/xsl)

3. We'll have new help browser, Yelp

4. GNOME 2 will have content-sensitive help (like extended tooltips -
a.k.a. "what's this". I don't know anything about this)

5. (This was already in GNOME 1.4, but not in the Handbook): Help
Browser will use scrollkeeper (scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net) to get the
list of all docs installed on your system, sorted by categories. Thus,
every doc must install an OMF file.

6. We must refer to the style guide for all style questions (alos, it
includes a section on screenshot conventions)

Resources:
Using DocBook 4.1.2:
   http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/dbxml (BTW, I updated it
recently)

Latest GDP Status report:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/2001026gdpstatus.html

Porting guide for GNOME 2
  http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/

GDP Style Guide
  http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/

Templates:
  CVS:gnome-docu/gdp/templates/gnome-app-template.xml, legal.xml

Stylesheets:
  CVS:gnome-docu/gdp/xsl

Help API: need to ask Jonathan (jrb redhat com) - I believe he put this
somewhere in CVS, but I do not remember the location.

Hope this helps. Will try to catch you on IRC.

Sasha