Re: GUADEC, meetings, and fun

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:58:47PM -0600 or thereabouts, Eric Baudais wrote:
> Folks-
>
> I'm wondering who from this list is attending GUADEC this spring.  I know I
> do not have the means to attend.

I'm going, and shall attempt the usual write-up.

> If a lot of us cannot attend, would we be interested in getting together
> outside of GUADEC? For the third time in Europe (that's all I'm saying about
> it too).  If we do want to get together would in the US be a good location?
> I know there are a lot of people in other countries, but most of the GDP
> people I know are either in the US or Europe.

When would you be thinking of it? I thought you were in Canada.
You could try OLS... there have been both Gnome and docs things
there before. But that's a good while off, in June, and the prices
might be high too, since it's a longish event. (I don't see them on
the website: http://www.linuxsymposium.org)

Oh, and I'm back, and catching up frantically with new mail.
Hello to everyone who arrived whilst I wasn't looking: you
certainly picked an eventful time to arrive. Though now I
come to think of it, we are *perpetually* moving from one
DocBook form to another, or facing deadlines, or staring
balefully at catalogue errors.

For the person who commented on #docs's silence, btw: I think
it's a timezone thing. I'm in the UK and found that all the
useful talk seemed to occur in US evenings -- unless you needed
to talk to Dan Veillard, who was on sane European hours. I used
to leave myself logged in and read scrollback in the morning to
see what I'd missed :)

Right, now back to the email heap. Away for a week, and it piled
up incredibly. Argh.

Telsa