Re: Greetings...

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 10:47, Mark Levitt wrote:
> From: "John Fleck" <jfleck inkstain net>
> > One of the major areas of effort over the next six weeks will be using
> > the Style Guide to edit documents if you're interesting in helping in
> > that effort.
>
> Yeah, I could cut my teeth on this. What process have you used for editing
> in the past? The best way for me to edit with hard copy and a pen, but
> that's probably difficult to do one e-mail. :)

If I may make a suggestion...

I think there should be a conversion tool to ps or pdf or HTML.  Print
out the documents you want to work on and edit with pen as you are
accustomed.  Then download the original and make the appropriate
changes.  Use diff to pull out the changes you made.  Send the diff to
to the author if that is required.  Then either you or the author
commits the changes (make these arrangements with the author based on
whether you have cvs access or not).