Re: Change in the gnome-customization.xsl to make it work with docbook-style-xsl other than 1.45

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:58:12PM +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, John Fleck wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > c) use the "current" stylesheet, seems not to be an option, because
> > newer versions of the stylesheets have broken compatibility with our
> > customizations.
> >

> Any reason we can't port the customisations?

We can, but that doesn't solve our problem. The "current" identifier
used in Hallski's patch points at a moving target, which can move
after we write the customizations. It points at 1.48 now. But if 1.49
is not compatible with 1.48 in some way that matters for our
customizations, then we're lost again. This is what happened between
1.45 and 1.48. It's also possible that a user has only installed 1.45 on
their local machine, so "current" in their local xml catalog points at
1.45, which is not compatible with 1.48. We need to point to a
specific version number and stick with it. "current" is only a good
idea if you're using the stylesheet straight, with no significant
customization and some flexibility about the output.

As I said before, I'm agnostic on whether it's 1.45 or 1.48, but we
need to pick one and stick with it.

Cheers,

John