Re: Change in the gnome-customization.xsl to make it work with docbook-style-xsl other than 1.45

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 03:27:16PM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> tis 2002-02-19 klockan 14.22 skrev John Fleck:
> > On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 11:04:40AM +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Is this the correct fix for the problem that the xmlcatalog doesn't work
> > > if you have another version than docbook style xsl 1.45. And if it is,
> > > can I commit it to libgnome?
> > >
> > [snip]
> > > -<xsl:import href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.45/html/docbook.xsl"/>
> > > +<xsl:import href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl"/>
> >
> > I don't think this will work.
> >
> > The problem we had was that Norm's "current" (right now it's 1.48 I
> > think) wasn't backwards-compatible with the customizations and
> > wouldn't work, so we had to be using 1.45.
> >
> > There was some discussion with Norm about this, but I don't know where
> > it ended up. Maybe this will work now as a result of those
> > discussions?
>
> Hmm .. OK, I've only tried this on running with 1.48. The problem is
> that lots of users have 1.48 so the catalog won't work for them.
>
> This needs to be fixed since currently most users just get garbage when
> trying Yelp.

As I see it, we have two choices:

a) Make sure users have the 1.45 stylesheets, for which the
customizations were written
b) Update the customizations for the 1.48 stylesheets and make sure
users have those.

c) use the "current" stylesheet, seems not to be an option, because
newer versions of the stylesheets have broken compatibility with our
customizations.

I'll leave it to Eric and Sasha, who have been working on the
customizations, so suggest whether they prefer "a" or "b".

Cheers,

John