Re: CSS for Help Docs

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 22:05, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> mån 2002-02-11 klockan 16.39 skrev Alex Larsson:
> [snip, snip, snip]
>
> Ok, so how should this be fixed in Yelp. Any ideas? From what I
> understand there is some sort of UI-freeze with tomorrows release? I
> will not be able to add anything to Yelp before that but I can at least
> flag for the changes I will make before hand.

This is quick, as I must be quick.  I was thinking of this as an
implementation of the multiple CSS scenario:
* We have several CSS, for different accessibility problems.  Which
stylesheet is used is selected in Yelp.
* The next problem is getting the name of the selected CSS into the
HTML.  I have only very little XSL experience, but I suggest something
like:
   - Yelp can write a small XSL file, which is included by the main XSL
sheets, that sets a variable that points to the CSS file name.
   - We alter xsltproc accept command line arguments that set variables
in the stylesheet.  In this case, it can set a variable that points to
the CSS file name.
Then the XSL can take care of the rest.  The trick is to get the
filename of the CSS into the generated HTML, and the only way I can see
this happening is through the XSL.

<disclaimer>Note that this is off the top of my head, and is just put
forward for further discussion.  Some of it may be impossible, as I only
have a partial knowledge of XSL.</disclaimer>

Enjoy.

Nick Curran
<quasar austar net au>