Re: customization stylesheet errors

[ Hi Norm, the 1.48 stylesheet broke Gnome XSLT customization layers.
  Seems we need some information about what constitutes the "stable"
  API part of those stylesheets, Daniel ]

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 08:08:22PM -0800, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 17:51, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> > Funny - on my machine (which has 1.45 installed), xsltproc happily
> > used 1.45 for current. But anyway, let's specifically request 1.45. I

  Well if stylesheets breaks that much between versions we should
not rely on current. The right think to do is the following:
     - analyse the list of "API" we are using from the standard
       DocBook stylesheets
     - send a mail to Norm Walsh Cc'ed to the DocBook-Apps list
       asking what can be considered safe "API" in the DocBook
       stylesheets
     - depending on the answer, tweak the customization layers
       or fix the dependancy
     - in the later case express a version dependancies toward the
       docbook-xml packages

  I am supposed to see Norm at the end of the month, but I'm Cc'ing
him now to see if there is an official stable DocBook XSLT API.

> > think you can commit the patch - I do not see anything wrong with
> > it. Could you also make appropriate changes in README?
>
> This is a, mmm, "feature" of how the XML catalogs work.  I can explain
> it (or Daniel, if he's so inclined), but I'll skip it for now, unless
> somebody is even remotely interested.  later,

  Go ahead don't wait for me :-)

Daniel