Diacritics and GNOME-2.0

Hi,

Mi name is Mihai.
Please help me.
I work with RedHat-7.3, where I have KDE-3 Desktop.
Supllementary  I installed Gnome-2.0(from binary source, in /usr/local).

But I have a problem, not big, but a probmem.
I change the keyboard: "setxkbmap ro", romanian diacritics
If, in KDE console I see very good all diacritics ( ISO-8859-2, romanian

diacritics), in Gnome-2.0 console I don' t see all this ( I see:
"â", "î", the rest of diacritics I don't see)
Another specification: I type a text with diacritics, of course,
"â", "î", is OK, but when I type the rest of diacritics, in terminal
don't appear diacritics but appear a space bar.
Next step: I read the text from KDE terminal (ISO 8859-2, no UTF-8)
and all diacritics appear !!
My conclusion is: In Gnome terminal don't reproduce corect the
diacritics.

Please hel me with this:
a) How a add UTF-8 fonts for Gnome terminal compatible with romanian
diacritics
   I don't know the procedure.

b) Where I found this fonts

Please answer.