Re: Lampadas Bugzilla, status update, roadmap

David,

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:13:40AM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> On Saturday 03 August 2002 03:49 am, David Merrill wrote:
> > We also have need of translators. We have documents in the following
> > languages in either GDP or LDP, but we have no Lampadas localization.
> > This makes the documentation unaccessible to speakers of these
> > languages. If you can provide translations of Lampadas text in one of
> > these languages, please write me.
> >
> >   DA, EL, EO, ES, EU, FI, HU, IT, JA,
> >   LV, NO, PT, RU, SH, SK, SL, TK
>
> We still need translators for these languages. If we cannot find
> translators, then documents in these languages will not be fully
> supported.

I am not sure how you have implemented the translation infrastructure,
but if you are in a position to be able to generate a lampadas.pot file
and merge those results back in, then you can possibly take advantage of
the gnome-i18n module. This is a collection of external programs which
have their strings translated by the various GNOME teams and then the
external maintainers merge in the translations from time to time. After
creating the .pot file, pinging the gnome-i18n list would be a fruitful
exercise (although I don't have to do any of the translations, so they
may just want to kill me for suggesting more work gets pushed the way of
the translators).

Cheers,
Malcolm