Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] ScrollKeeper 0.3.7 Released

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, John Fleck wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 01:12:53AM -0500, Dan Mueth wrote:
> >
> > ScrollKeeper 0.3.7 is now available.
> [snip]
> >    * Added DTD for OMF files.
> >    * Now require OMF files validate against DTD.  Made error reporting and
> >      logging sane for validation.
> >    * Updated documentation to reflect new variant of the DTD, which is
> >      slightly different from the previous guide for OMF file structure.
>
> So what happens to the install process when SK hits an older OMF that
> doesn't comply? And what happens if someone has still an old SK and it
> hits one of the modified OMF files?

If you have a new (ie >= 0.3.7) ScrollKeeper, it will try to validate each
OMF file it encounters.  If it doesn't validate, then it ignores it.  So,
only updated OMF files (ie. where the subject, rights, and version
elements have attributes but not children) will be registered with
ScrollKeeper.

If you have an older (ie <= 0.3.6) ScrollKeeper, the new OMF files will
only partially be registered (ie. they won't appear in the contents list).

Urg.  I just realized I forgot to make an update needed for 0.3.7, so it
doesn't list docs with the new OMF files in the contents list either :(  I
guess we'll need a 0.3.8 right away.

Dan